"R" (Romping & Rolling in the Rockies) is at the emergency vet with symptoms of toxin ingestion. His parents are very scared, saying it is "touch and go". Please send powerful POTP they can successfully treat this. Will update as news becomes available. KB Bear is posting on Facebook as well.
UPDATE: R is hospitalized for ingestion of some sort of neurotoxin, perhaps a mushroom. By the time we departed the ER 45 min ago, I wasn't sure that he knew we were next to him while we said goodbye. Whatever toxin it is, it took a huge toll during the 2 hours between when we first noticed his symptoms and when we departed the emergency vet. Those of you who have seen a neurotoxin at work probably can visualize the state he was in. I'll leave the rest of you in blissful ignorance - I've never seen anything like it. Prognosis is unknown... the vet couldn't even guess at this point.
Thanks so much for all the support. We are numb and in disbelief that our high energy dog who was perfectly normal this morning is now fighting for his life.
Saturday Morning UPDATE: Having made it through the night, "R" is improving!! Keep the POTP coming and see their blog for details!
Sunday UPDATE: "R" has made amazing progress and is home! See their blog for details of this miracle!